Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternatives (HAFA) Program
If you can’t afford your mortgage payment and it’s time for you to transition to more affordable housing, the Home Affordable Foreclosure AlternativesSM (HAFA) program is designed for you. HAFA provides two options for transitioning out of your mortgage: a short sale or a Deed-in-Lieu (DIL) of foreclosure. In a short sale, the mortgage company lets you sell your house for an amount that falls “short” of the amount you still owe. In a DIL, the mortgage company lets you give the title back, transferring ownership back to them.
In either case, HAFA offers benefits that make the transition as favorable as possible:
- You can get free advice from HUD-approved housing counselors and licensed real estate professionals.
- Unlike conventional short sales, a HAFA short sale completely releases you from your mortgage debt after selling the property. This means you will no longer be responsible for the amount that falls “short” of the amount you still owe. The deficiency is guaranteed to be waived by the servicer.
- In a HAFA short sale, your mortgage company works with you to determine an acceptable sale price.
- HAFA has a less negative effect on your credit score than foreclosure or conventional short sales.
- When you close, HAFA may provide $3,000 in relocation assistance
- Leave your contact information on my Property Search Page and fill up the Request for Information Sheet and ask for a free comparative market analysis on the comment . We do all the marketing and advertising at no cost to you. We will schedule and hold open houses, place for sale sign in the yard, a lock box at your property so other Realtor can show your home to their potential buyers, and all the Internet exposure possible. We present you offers as they come. Upon accepting offer from a qualified buyer we will coordinate the escrow process for you from beginning through the close of escrow is reached. We don’t get any compensation unless we sell your property for you.
View Video on the left link as seen on KRON4 News as our Broker Suzanne Rocha Discusses Short Sale.